Managing wounds can be challenging for not only the patient, but also for their caregivers. Since open wound care is such a difficult task, it is imperative that you receive expert care from appropriately trained medical professionals. This is especially true if you expect to undergo hyperbaric oxygen therapy, as the risks are increased by misuse, and the risks of HBOT are very serious.
Also, in order to ensure that you benefit from state-of-the-art technology, it is best to stay within the care of hospital systems whenever possible. Additionally, that will almost guarantee that you are receiving care from an appropriately qualified professional. To help your search, here are some wound care centers in Florida –
Florida Hospital: Florida Hospital offers patients superior wound healing treatments as their team of experts treat the wound and the underlying issues. Their statewide system of hospitals includes Florida Hospital’s Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Management Center in Orlando, which houses the state’s largest privately-owned multi-place hyperbaric chamber.
In addition to that center, Florida Hospital’s network also offers wound care at the following hospitals:
· Florida Hospital Carrollwood – Located on 7171 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33614. Their phone number is (813)-932-2222.
· Florida Hospital Fish Memorial – Located on 1055 Saxon Boulevard in Orange City, FL 32763. Their phone number is (386)-917-5000.
· Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center – Located on 4200 Sun ‘n Lake Boulevard in Sebring, Florida 33872. Their phone number is (863)-314-4466.
· Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center – Located on 301 Memorial Medical Parkway in Daytona Beach, Florida 32117. Their phone number is (386)-231-6000.
· Florida Hospital New Smyrna – Located on 401 Palmetto Street in New Smyrna, FL 32168. Their phone number is
· Florida Hospital North Pinellas – Located on 1395 South Pinellas Avenue in Tarpon Springs, Florida 34698. Their phone number is (727)-942-5000.
· Florida Hospital Orlando – Located on 601 East Rollins Street in Orlando, FL 32803. Their phone number is (407)-303-5600.
· Florida Hospital Tampa – Located on 3100 East Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613. Their phone number is (813)-971-6000.
· Florida Hospital Waterman – Located on 1000 Waterman Way in Tavares, Florida 32778. Their phone number is (352)-253-3333.
· Florida Hospital Zephyrhills – Located on 7050 Gall Boulevard, Zephyrhills, FL 33541. Their phone number is (813)-788-0411.
At the end of the day, if you cannot make it to one of the centers listed above, there is no need to panic. There are plenty of reputable wound clinics available throughout the state. It just extremely important to make sure that you are receiving care by a provider that knows what they are doing. Wound healing can be very difficult to manage, so it is always best to make sure it is being managed by the best professionals possible.