Managing wounds can be challenging for not only the patient, but also for their caregivers. Since open wound care can be such a difficult task, it is absolutely important that you receive expert care from medical professionals that are appropriately trained. This is especially true if you are expecting that you might have to undergo hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The risks of hyperbaric oxygen therapy are significantly increased by misuse, and the risks of HBOT can already be very serious.
Also, in order to make sure that you are benefitting from state-of-the-art technology for managing wound healing, it is best to stay within the care of hospital systems whenever possible. Additionally, staying within hospital systems will further ensure that you are receiving care from an appropriately qualified professional. To help your search, here are some wound care centers in Alabama –
Wound Care Centers:
· Marshall Wound Healing Center at Marshall Medical Centers – located on 11491 Highway 431 in Albertville, Alabama 35950. Their number is (256)-894-6976.
· Department of Hyperbaric Medicine at Andalusia Regional Hospital – located on 849- South Three Notch in Andalusia, AL 36608. Their number is (334)-222-8466.
· Wound Healing Center at Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center – located on 731 Leighton Avenue in Anniston, AL 36202. Their number is (256)-741-6070.
· Saline Wound Healing Center – located on 1 Medical Park Drive in Benton, Alabama 72015. Their phone number is (501-776-6901.
· Baptist Wound Care Clinic at Princeton Baptist Medical Center – located on 833 Princeton Avenue SW in Birmingham, Alabama 35211. Their number is (205)-783-3740.
· The Wound Healing Center at ECM East Coffee Health Group – located on 2111 Cloyd Boulevard in Florence, Alabama 35630. Their phone number is (256)-768-8600.
· Wound and Hyperbaric Center at Riverview Regional Medical Center – located on 2013 Rainbow Drive in Gadsden, AL 35901. Their number is (256)-546-6038.
· Hyperbaric Department at Huntsville Hospital, East – located on 911 Big Cove Road in Hunstville, Alabama 35801. Their phone number is (256)-517-7761.
· Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine at Springhill Medical Center – located on 3719 Dauphin Street in Mobile, AL 36608. Their number Is (251)-460-5461.
· Wound and Hyperbaric Medicine Center at Jackson Hospital – located on 1725 Pine Street in Montgomery, Alabama 36106. Their phone number is (334)-293-8138.
· Wound Healing Center at DCH Regional Medical Center – located on 701 University Boulevard, East, in Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. Their number is (205)-750-5430.
At the end of the day, if you cannot make it to one of the aforementioned centers, then it is extremely important that you make sure that you receive care from a provider that knows what they are doing. However, there is no need to panic as there are plenty of reputable wound clinics available throughout the state. Wound healing can be very difficult to manage, so it is always best to make sure it is being managed by the best professionals possible.