Managing wound healing can be an extremely difficult task not only for the patient, but also for their caregivers. Since open wound care can be such a difficult task, it is an absolutely necessity that you are receiving expert care from medical professionals with the proper training. This is especially true if you expect that you might need to undergo hyperbaric oxygen therapy. The risks of hyperbaric oxygen therapy can be significantly increased because of misuse, and the risks of HBOT (from risks and benefits of HBOT blog) can already be very serious.
Also, in order to make sure that you are benefitting from state-of-the-art technology for managing wound care, it is best to stay within hospital systems whenever possible when you are looking for wound care centers. Additionally, staying within hospital systems can best guarantee that you are receiving care from appropriately qualified professionals. To help your search, here are some wound care centers in Colorado –
Wound Care Clinics:
· Colorado Center for Hyperbaric Medicine – located on 1460 E. Valley Road in Basalt, Colorado 81621. Their phone number is (970)-927-4950.
· Rocky Mountain Hyperbaric Institute – located on 2300 Central Avenue in Boulder, CO 80301. Their phone number is (303)-478-5230.
· Hyperbaric Medicine at Memorial Hospital – located on 1400 East Boulder Street in Colorado Springs, CO 80909. Their phone number is (719)-365-5920.
· Porter Wound Healing Center at Porter Adventist Hospital – located on 2525 South Downing Street in Denver, Colorado 80210. Their number is (303)-778-5242.
· Hyperbaric Medicine at St. Luke’s Medical Center – located on 1719 East 19th Avenue in Denver, CO 80218. Their phone number is (303)-839-6900.
· Hyperbaric Medicine Department at Poudre Valley Hospital – located on 1024 South Lemay Avenue in Fort Collins, CO 80524. Their number is (970)-495-8770.
· Hyperbaric Medicine Department at North Colorado Medical Center – located on 1801 16th Street in Greeley, CO 80631. Their number is (970)-350-6378.
· Wound Care Center at St. Anthony North Hospital – located on 2551 W. 84th Avenue in Westminster, Colorado 80031. Their phone number is (303)-430-3220.
At the end of the day, if you cannot make it to one of the centers above to receive care, then it is extremely important that you research whether the provider you do go to has the appropriate qualifications to provide you with proper care. However, do not panic as there are plenty of reputable wound clinics available throughout the state. Again, managing wounds can be very difficult and there are serious risks involved, so it is always best to make sure it is being managed by the best professionals possible.