Getting your imaging center or medical practice involved with social media can be a challenge, so if you’re not sure where to get started you aren’t alone. Following health care social media best practices means providing value, being genuinely caring and being accessible.
With more patients turning to the Internet and social media platforms for medical advice and resources, your healthcare marketing strategy needs to go beyond just referring physician marketing. Healthcare social media and radiology marketing on platforms like Twitter, will help improve your online reputation and reach more actively searching patients.
Here are 10 tweet ideas for your imaging center to post on your Twitter account to get you started:
1. Sharing current or past Blog Posts
2. Engage with local media personalities or news casters discussing health in your town. Most people in the media are also active on Twitter!
3. Spreading the word about health care news that affects your patient
4. Share photos of your staff doing something unique, like celebrating Halloween by dressing up. Then be sure to use holiday hashtags that are trending!
5. Funny industry meme
6. #TBT Tweets – Share a funny picture of your staff or your radiologist from back in the day. Twitter users want to see that you can have a personality.
7. Links to other interesting or valuable articles, even if they aren’t on your websit
8. Comment on something trending in your area. For instance, if you have a parade or event or local holiday coming up, engage in that conversation. Everything you tweet doesn’t have to be about your services, it can be about your involvement in the community too.
9. Sharing your contact information with an image attached, side note tweets with image content are much more likely to be engaged with
10. Use geo-tag searches to find people tweeting about your kinds of services in your area. For instance, you can use this formula “MRI geocode:27.9959851,-82.7343884,60km” to find people who are tweeting with the term “MRI” within 60 km of your Google Earth coordinates. See who is close by using your terms and reach out to them to see if you can help!
Radiology marketing will never be the same, so it is time for you to jump on board!